DISCLAIMER-Don't judge me, judge ya edges!

I had a lil glass of wine tonight and I'm feeling pretty nice! Forgive any errors or any incomplete thought that may leave you questioning or guessing. Use context clues...

 "Hi, my name is LaNiya and I am a procrastinator!"

Now can we talk about this thing?  Let me go ahead and expose myself and put allllll my tea out there! While putting an idea or aspiration off sounds good at the time, we low-key know we'll forever "get to it" until we really get on our own nerves and decide to either see it through or say "forget it!"  I will be the 1st to admit that I am a procrastinator! 💁I am a Taurus through and through and aside from our stubbornness, we are notoriously known for our procrastination! Don't press us with questions about the logistics of what we said we were doing because our stubborn side will tell us not to do it at all! Judge ya edges!

I don't proclaim procrastination as a badge or honor; but rather an invited thief of possibilities!  I breed ideas like Octomom but allow procrastination to abort seeds of potential.  I have those moments of regret when I kick myself for quitting before getting out the gate good.  I know friends and family probably think all I do is talk a good talk but never see any idea come to fruition.  In the last 5+ years, I have initiated  a YouTube channel, Elle's Way blog, online boutique, private investigation company, real estate career, travel agency, food blogger, opening a laundromat, a book that I've been writing since 2017, and a host of other things.  WOW....do ya'll see this 👆



Anywho, judge ya edges UGLY!  In recent months, I have made a point to be more intentional and strategic in how I move.  Part of this strategy is to work in silence. A friend of mine recently shared she purchased a home-right.  I was caught off guard because she casually mentioned it as if it was not a huge feat.  She said that she was divinely ordered to remain silent until the mission was complete.  IT WAS IN THAT MOMENT THAT I REALIZED  I TALKED TOO MUCH AND NEEDED TO ADOPT THAT SAME PRACTICE!  I'm so guilty of oversharing.  Sharing too much and not yielding results can have a negative impact on how people view you.  And we don't want that, right?  

So excuse me for my silence.  Excuse me for not contributing much to the conversation when sharing goals and aspirations.  It's nothing personal but I have to do something different to get a different result.

I know I'm not the only one who has diarrhea of the mouth...who else is guilty of starting something and stopping?  If you're a recovered procrastinator, how did you overcome it?  Help us out!


Toodles,

~Elle

Comments

  1. I am guilty of losing interest quickly. I will be excited, then boom Indont care any longer. I am a recovering procrastinator that has relapsed & I too suffer of diarreha of the mouth too. Wishing you well on your journey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts