Long Time No See

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Wow! I can't believe it's been a decade since I last posted on my blog. As you could imagine, soooooooo much as happened: from career change, my location, and much more. Life was good a decade ago, or so I thought. I was in a really good place in my career and personal life. I was established in my profession and taking on dual roles as a caseworker, trainer, and recruiter. I loved working as an advocate for children and families. Partnering with attorneys, judges, law enforcement, and other members of the team brought me so much joy. While the job had its challenges, overall, it was definitely a respectable career. I was in a serious relationship on the verge of marriage with the man of my dreams. Honey a fool in love was what it was. I mean, I was so in love, I couldn't see the forest for the trees. My main focus was he and I. I guess you can say I had tunnel vision with a wedding as my focus. Well, the relationship dismantled after a year. The events that took place after an amicable split ushered me into the second most darkest moment in my life. I felt weak after my world turned upside down to the point of losing the urge to do anything I loved to do. I gave up on the blog, my YouTube channel, acting, relationships, marriage, you name it. My happiness was tied to things that produced a superficial feeling that felt so authentic. Getting out the bed became a chore. I felt so weak and sick in my body because "love" became a disease that physically attacked me. I may share more intimate details on another blog but just know that I WENT THROUGH!!!!! If you know a word that packs a more powerful punch than HURT, comment below! Anywho, notice I said "I WENT THROUGH"...that means I came out to tell the story:
🏃💨Ayyyeeeeeee Gloway!!! And the story will be told on a later blog.

Anywho, today, I am almost a middle aged woman, Still single. No children. Switched careers due to job security concerns caused by the downturn of the economy. I miss the essence of Case Management so much. Case management kept me on my toes and the job itself was very rewarding. I tried to go back but was no longer welcomed in that field. What's my occupation now? Let's just thank God for a resource and we'll leave it at that mmmkkk? Don't you dare feel sorry for me because I am grateful for every closed door, every failed relationship, and the place I'm currently in. Heartaches experienced were dodged bullets in disguise!!! Honey, you may not understand the "why" at the moment but I'm a witness that it's for your good!!!

Anywho, this entry will be extremely short! Don't be too hard on me because I've been out of commission for so long. I know I was all over the place. Remember I told ya'll casework kept me sharp? Well let's just say my braincells are under utilized these days so it may take some time to recalibrate parts of my brain. It's indeed a struggle so I do desire ya prayers mmmmkkk?!

I look forward to reconnecting with ya'll(are my followers still with me or all you on sabbatical too?)

Here's to moving on and having a successful relaunch with newfound purpose and passion! Is that a run-on? If it is, fix it in your head and charge it to fizzled brain stems. ~Elle

Comments

Popular Posts