SAVE! I WANNA SAVE FOREVER!

WHEN I SAY COU, YOU SAY PON! COU....COU.....

Feel the excitement?  Ok, settle down! Yours truly is overjoyed by her Walgreens purchase today.  I shared my happiness with my friends on Facebook and promised to blog about how I managed to save $17!  Now remember, I am a beginner so my hauls are not as astronomical as professional/advance couponers.  However, anytime I can save, I'm saving! 

Here's what I purchased:

I apologize for the quality of the photo but I'm having some technical difficulties and this is the best I can do for right now.  If you can't tell, in the back row there are 3 boxes of cereal.  In the front row you see a bottle of Dawn Dish Detergent, 3 cans of Ajax, and 2 large bottles of SoftSoap Body Wash.  I would have paid over $24 for this but I only paid $8!  Now more advance couponers could have come out better than I did but I'll get there.

Before I get into the details, let me offer these tips! 
  • Double check your coupons and make sure your strategy is fool proof before you enter the store.  I made the mistake of thinking Lysol products were on sale 2 for $5 but it was actually Mr. Clean.  DON'T ASK/DON'T TELL!  I also forgot to bring my extra coupon for the Dawn Detergent.  So my strategy plan was altered some.  
  • Please remember you can request that transactions be done separately so that you can maximize your savings!  
  • I almost forgot, buy SEVERAL Sunday newspapers!  Comes in handy when you make several transactions! GEt it!?! 
(These are things I've learned so far and if you have additional tips, please share!)

Let's get into it..............




Elle's strategy>>>

1st Transactions:
SoftSoap.  2 for $7. Used a $1 RR from a previous transaction.

**Register Rewards or RR is the name of Walgreens cash back program.  You can't use the RR on the SAME transaction.  This is why it's necessary to do SEPARATE transactions.
  
Total of 1st Transaction = $6.50. 
Received $5 RR..

2nd Transaction: 
Kellogg cereal for $1.99 (used a $1 off coupon on any THREE boxes of Kellogg cereal from coupons.com )
Like paying  1.66/box
Ajax(used Walgreens in-store coupon>>>3 for $1)
Like paying .33/can
Dawn(used an in-store Walgreens coupon>$.99 and a $.25 off coupon cut from the newspaper)
Like paying $.75/bottle <<<





Total of 2nd Transaction: $19.23
After coupons and $5 RR(received from Transaction #1) = $1.71

Grand Total for both transactions= $25.73!
I paid $8.21!  That's a savings of (drumroll please)>>>>$17.52!


I welcome your tips, couponing resources, and outlets! I'm eagered to learn, so please share!  Get your coupons clipped, prepare your strategy, and get out there and save!

~Ms. Elle~

Comments

Popular Posts