LET'S GET FRUGAL-ICAL FRUGAL-ICAL

Get it---Frugical, like physical....(lame, I know)! Yes, I just made up a word!  Webster, add it and credit me!  Thank ya!

Anywho, I'm too excited about this frugal thing.  I'll let you all in on a little secret of mine...come closer...closer...a little more.  Ok, this year my motto is: Frugal in 2011!  That's right, you read correctly, I plan on being frugal.  Those that know me very well would think that this would be simple for me considering my father is beyond frugal(he's just down right stingy) with his money.  On the contrary, it's really sort of hard.  I love to shop and it doesn't matter how much it costs, if I like it, I'm buying.  Simple as that!

But this is about to change.  I think I'm beginning to become more aware of certain things in my life; and my money just so happen to be at the top of the list.  After doing a little research, I noticed that I spend far too much on unnecessary mess!  For instance, grabbing food on the go for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack in between, is ridiculous.  Let's add that up:

Breakfast: $3.00
Lunch: $10.00
Dinner: $15
Total:  $28.00 x 5= $140
do that at least 5 times per week and you'll end up spending close to $560/month or more!!!!!!

Now, my grand total was around $200.00 because I didn't eat out everyday, or I may have just ate 1 meal out for a particular day.  Anywho, that's money that could have gone towards a bill, right?  Senseless spending like this is what led me to focusing on becoming more frugal and spending conscience.  In an effort to be more frugal, I've begun to seriously look for deals and utilize coupons and other discounts whenever possible.

With that said, I want to introduce to you my "shopping secrets" I've found.  Remember "shopping secrets" because I will post blogs that will tell you where to go to find great deals.  I will also "teach" you how to use coupons to maximize savings. Please be advised that I'm learning how to use coupons like the coupon gurus so bare with me.

Walgreens(This is rather late, but you may still have time to act on this before Sunday.)
Get FREE Reach toothbrushes

Toothbrushes are 2.99 and up
Use the $2 off coupon in the Walgreen's circular(week ending 1/15)
Use a $2 coupon (www.coupons.com)

 Get a Lysol Handsfree Sanitizer Kit for 1.99

Lysol kits are 11.99
Red Plum(or you can try coupons.com) had a $3 off coupon
Walgreen's will give you $7 Register Rewards back(to be used during next purchase)

11.99-7(register rewards)= 4.99-3.00(coupon)=1.99(BOOM!)

There are more saving deals at Walgreen's this week to be had: Airwick oil refills, Windex, Glade fabric spray, Lysol, and much more.  Please ask me any questions you may have and I'll be sure to help you out!  Well, to the best of my ability because I'm still learning too!

Other stores to check out:

Old Navy - 40% clearance
www/oldnavy.com

Torrid
torrid.com

Kmart-Martin Luther King Sale(up to 75% clearance)
 kmart.com

Aeropostale-up to 70% off sale; Be sure to get $10 off $40 purchase coupon for this weekend
http://www.aeropostale.com

Wet Seal-Buy one, Get one for a penny clearance
wetseal.com


Happy weekend shopping!  Let me know what you get!  And don't forget about BBW!  bathandbodyworks.com

~Toodles,
Elle

P.S. If you would like to add me on Facebook, please be sure to 'add a message' with your request, with the message: "vibin with elle." And you must be subscribed to my blog -Thanks

Comments

Popular Posts